Prairie Longbows Website Changes
Latest posts by Silke Jager (see all)
- 5 Topic Ideas For Small Business Bloggers - December 2, 2015
- Is Negative SEO Bad For Small Business - November 20, 2015
- 3 Effective, Easy Website Tips For Higher Google Rankings - August 13, 2015
The Prairie Longbows by Joe Blake website is an older site, originally built in late 2008.
Joe realized early on that it was important for his small and very specialized business to have a web presence and he had the best intentions of getting his website updated with fresh content on a regular basis. We created a WordPress website for him and gave him his own log in to publish content at his leisure. Fast forward five years and even though Joe is a published writer he never got around to adding new and fresh content to his website.
New content will draw attention to your website!
One of the biggest reasons to update your website on a consistent basis is that it will attract the search engines to re-index your web pages. It will also bring new and old readers to your site, especially if you share your newly re-designed site with your followers on social media sites. You always want to keep your visitors informed with your latest success stories, projects and any other valuable information pertaining to you or your business.
Joe finally contacted us last Friday with some much needed updates. Here are some of the changes we made to the Prairie Longbows website:
- Cleaned up the sidebar
- Updated the ‘About’ page (Joe was the Hunting Editor for TradArchers World magazine in 2009)
- Added 17 new companies and outfitters to the ‘Links’ page
- Made the order form more prominent
- Added important info to the ‘Bows’ page
- Created ‘Bows Gallery’ page with pictures and short descriptions
Making all of these changes only took about 2 hours of my time, and they will definitively be worth it for the site owner and his followers.
The more current and up-to-date any website is, the better for the visitors, search engines and website owner. Don’t let your own website updates end up on the bottom of your to-do list.
Do you make your own website changes or do you hire someone to make updates for you? Leave me a comment below.
Before you move on… get my free updates, simply click here!
You will then get my articles sent direct to your inbox, so you never miss a great marketing idea again. Rest assured, I respect your privacy and will never spam or give your email address to anyone.